This week my prompt is simple yet perhaps the most difficult one yet.
I did a lot of research and preparation for this prompt.
I was going to:
- share studies showing how being intentional about regular times of silence and stillness can help you be healthier, happier and more productive.
- present a list of quotes from different philosophical and spiritual traditions advocating for stillness and silence.
- embed TED talks on the topics of rest and finding time to 'breathe'.
- list meditation and journalling apps.
- share a story of how intentional stillness helps me reduce anxiety.
But sharing a lengthy article on this topic would be ironic.
All I'd be doing is:
- add to the noise you're no doubt being bombarded with this week
- fill your already overflowing mind with more information
- put more items on your to-do list
- add more apps on your phone that ironically will disrupt your day by telling you to meditate
I'd be distracting you (and I) from doing the thing we need.
So my prompt this week is just this.
First time reading? Sign up for our weekly prompts below.